While reading through a passage or book of the Bible, we find many things to worship and thank God for. Here is a list of 8 reasons to praise God, as found in 1 Peter, but it is by no means an exhaustive list. I encourage you to dig into the Word and find more ways in which to worship our Savior!
- We were redeemed with precious blood. 1 Peter 1:18-19 says, “… knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.”
- Jesus was chosen before the world was created. 1 Peter 1:20 tells us that “He was foreknown before the foundation of the world…”
- God raised Christ from the dead. Peter wrote in 1 Peter 1:21 “… who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.”
- God’s Word is eternal. 1 Peter 1:25 gives the promise, “… the word of the Lord endures forever.”
- Christ suffered for us. In 1 Peter 2:21, we read “For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps.”
- We are healed by His wounds. 1 Peter 2:24 states, “… and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.”
- Christ died for sins once for all. 1 Peter 3:18 proclaims that “Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;”
- We can cast our worries upon God, because He cares for us. 1 Peter 5:7 gives assurance: “casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
How are you choosing to praise God today?