Problem: I get an “Authentication Failed” message when I try to log in.
Solution: This message indicates an incorrect email address or password was entered. Be sure you enter the full email address used for your registration. Do not enter a username. Also, if you have not reset your password since July 6, 2020, please click the “Password Recovery” link on the Login page to set a new password. You only need to do that once, but you can use it any time you forgot your password.
Problem: When I try to log in, the login page just refreshes and clears the form.
Solution: Make sure you are not using a “Private” or “Incognito” window, and verify that “Cookies” are enabled in your browser.
The most common login problem is due to your browser blocking third-party cookies. Our site requires third-party cookies to be enabled. If you are using a browser with third-party cookies disabled or cross-site tracking prevention enabled (common in Safari), you cannot log in to our site. In this case, a system message will be displayed to notify you of the issue on the Login page.
Make sure your browser settings are correct
- Go to the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner, and click Settings.
- Go to Privacy and security.
- Click Cookies and other site data. Select the Allow all cookies radio button
Safari on Mac OS
- Go to Safari -> Preferences and click Privacy.
- Uncheck the following options:
- Prevent cross-site tracking
- Block all cookies
Safari on iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Go to Settings -> Safari.
- Under Privacy and Security, turn off the following options:
- Prevent Cross-Site Tracking
- Block All Cookies
- Go to the Open menu in the top right corner, and click Privacy Protections.
- Under Enhanced Tracking Protection, click Go to Privacy Settings.
- Select the Standard or Custom radio button. If the Custom option is selected, do not select All third-party cookies or All cookies.
- Go to Settings and more in the top right corner, and click Settings.
- Click Site permissions -> Cookies and site data. Set the following options:
- Enable Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended).
- Disable Block third-party cookies.
Internet Explorer 11
- Go to Tools in the top right corner, and click Internet options.
- In the Privacy tab, click Advanced.
- Select Accept under Third-party Cookies.
- Click OK.
If you still have trouble or questions, Contact Us
If you don’t want to allow all cookies
There you can enter biblebee.org as a site and check the checkbox that says “All cookies, on this site only”. Click the Add button and then try to login again.