If we were to look back a year ago today, I do not believe any of us would have been able to predict or even come up with the way the year 2020 went. As we now head into this new year of 2021, there are so many unknowns with the future. But thankfully, what we do know, is that God knows all and that He is the One who holds our future.
Instead of letting fear grip us as we look ahead into this new year, allow the truth of the Word of God to fill and renew our minds.
Here are 21 passages to meditate on as we head into 2021.
Verses on God’s faithfulness:
- Thessalonians 3:3 “ But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2
- Lamentations 3:22-23 “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 “May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.”
- Deuteronomy 7:9 “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,”
Verses on God’s mercy:
- Deuteronomy 4:31 “For the Lord your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them.”
- 1 Peter 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”
- Luke 1:50 “And His mercy is upon generation after generation Toward those who fear Him.”
Verses on God’s Peace:
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
- Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Verses on God’s Omnipotence :
- Psalm 147:5 “Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Verses on God’s Love:
- 1 John 3:1 “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.”
- Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
- Psalm 136:26 “Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.”
- Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Verses on God’s power:
- Psalm 147:4-5 “He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.”
- Hebrews 1:3 “The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command.”
May these verses encourage you as you head into this new year and may you continue to saturate your minds with the Truth of the Word of God!
Written by NBB Alumna: Bekah Leary